SVP MeterConnect® Promise
- We will upgrade our technology to support widespread adoption of solar energy, smart appliances and electric vehicles.
- We will follow a careful process and verify accuracy at every step.
- We will protect your data and your privacy.
- We will keep our system secure.
- We will utilize tried-and-true meters deployed successfully in millions of homes and businesses worldwide.
- We are committed to a fair resolution of any issues or concerns that arise.
SVP MeterConnect is the name given to the advanced meter program in the City of Santa Clara that will eventually equip all homes and businesses in the city with modern advanced electric meters. SVP MeterConnect includes the Wi-Fi communications system that connects the meters to SVP offices as well as provides communications improvements for other city services. The SVP MeterConnect program is designed to:
- Ensure accurate and secure electricity meter reading that is read remotely by SVP
- Replace outdated mechanical meter technology with advanced, thoroughly-tested meters and modern technology that will also provide free outdoor Wi-Fi access within Santa Clara
- Keep customers informed and educated about plans for deploying advanced meters
- Respond openly and immediately to any customer concerns or questions
Businesses in Santa Clara will begin receiving advanced meters in June 2015, with residential deployment starting in Summer 2015. Many questions about SVP MeterConnect are answered in our Frequently Asked Questions. A video of the residential installation process will also answer many questions.