We know voltage fluctuations can cause sensitive equipment to trip off and can have significant impact on your business. Silicon Valley Power has taken steps to minimize the number of these power quality events, but some of the causes are beyond our control, such as mylar balloons in high voltage lines, events that occur outside of our service territory, and storm-related incidents.
SVP actively monitors our system for power quality and reports events immediately to you through our EnergyAlert service. EnergyAlert provides information concerning energy shortage warnings, ISO emergencies, and weather alerts that could affect the electric system. In addition, it provides updates on the cause of system-wide power quality events or major outages.How to Join
- Send an email to EnergyAlertfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Type the word Subscribe in the subject line
- Click Send
- Reply to the confirmation email
Unsubscribe options are available on every message sent.
Types of Power Quality Incidents
- Understand the different types of power quality incidents that may have an effect on your equipment.Power Quality Events
- View historical information on system-wide power quality events and their causes.